Fairy tale as it is


They said fairy tales are for children. They believe in them but when they grow up, they started to discover reality.
I'd never believed in fairy tale even when I was a child. But, it just dawned on me that if I were to choose to believe like a child again, I would believe in fairy tale. After meeting once again someone from a long lost childhood, I decided to keep that child in me.

But then, reality never fails to slap my face! Fairy tale is just as it is... If you want to avoid nervous breakdown then keep your feet on the ground and GROW UP! So as part of being sane and appearing to be mature, I suddenly summed up everything there is in a song.


Fairy Tale

It seems what I believe is not true.
There's really no "Me and You".
It's nothing more than just a dream.
No amount of hope could make it real.

Maybe the chance came too late.
Everything's in place. We can't change fate.
Meeting you is not a chance at all.
It's just to see how high my hopes fall.

Let me swim into your thoughts.
Let me stay there for awhile.
Let me hold your hand to feel your soul in me.
Let me keep this fairy tale in my memory.

Sometimes I'd like to think
that we could make North and South meet;
we could swim through the ocean;
we could walk through the clouds.

Sometimes I'd like to believe
that you're the prince in my dreams;
that what I believe is true;
certainly, it's me and you.

Let me swim into your thoughts.
Let me stay there for awhile.
Let me hold your hand to feel your soul in me.
Let me keep this fairy tale in my memory.
Let me keep this fairy tale in my memory.
Let me keep this fairy tale in my memory...

Comments

oceandeep said…
Suddenly one day we grow up and realise we have no dreams or hopes left we grow up and the sky that once looked reachable feels so far away were captured away buried in pain. We realise fairytales which once made sense in our small world never ended up in that way and it was all a lie. So we grew up and what happened forgot about our childhood forgot about everything simple that pleased us and seek for more. As a little girl i was painting bright pictures of the world now I forget that once the world looked brighter in my eyes. Playing at a park falling down and crying wish I could go back in time cause I knew I would be fine just stand up and try. Now I grew up further away from my fairytale world further away from my hopes and dreams. I GREW UP SUDDENLYY AND THE WORLD I LIVED IN SEEMED SMALLER IN MY FAIRYTALE DREAMS.
El-ei said…
thanks for your comment... i just read it now. it seems that i almost forgot about this blog, just as i was trying to forget about my fairytale.