You're still normal!



One day in a breakfast meeting with my co-author, who is the owner of several business establishments here in the city, I spoke about a predicament preoccupying me lately.

Should I be thinking about how to make more money than how much I'm earning now? Am I already too old to plan about my career which is synonymous to income, considering that business plan or career path will cover 10-15 years?

Then, he told me, "You're still normal."

He said if I would receive a million right then and there, I might be ruined.

True enough, I don't know what to do with such big amount of money!

Let nature take its course. We all dream of a good life and need more money than what we have. But it doesn't mean that's what we want right at this moment. Good life is relative. What is good life for you, anyway? For money is but a by-product of our so-called success or should we call it fulfillment.

If one dares to venture overseas for a huge sum even without an inkling of his or her job and life there, he or she may not linger especially upon reaching at the (big word) CROSSROADS.

One must be prepared whatever risk he or she may take whether in search for a greener pasture or for a meaning or purpose of one's existence.

I finished my breakfast not only with a full stomach, but a full heart and clear mind. Maybe, we all need even a single breakfast with a friend or someone who's not akin to us, to destroy some cobwebs in our minds.

Only to be reminded that amid pressures and anxieties, we are still normal. Live life each day!

(reveal your thoughts to me at lorie.cascaro@gmail.com)

Comments

Julienne said…
hello, LA! =) happy new year ug template! Nice jud ang white minimalist na template. Clean, less clutter, hayahay...

unsa man, magbusiness na ta? choy baya ang horoscope sa mga pigs about sa business karon year nyahahaha

Di ba ganahan ka ug "Carpe diem" na motto?

"Carpe diem." He seized the day, but when he checked his prey that evening, he found night.
~ from Adam Zagajewski's Antennas in the Rain

=)
El-ei said…
Nindot bitaw ang white lang. Actually, pagkakita nako sa imoha blog, naisip dayon nako magnew template. hehe!

Sige this year na ta mag-conceptualize kung unsa atong business. Ang importante daw we have a good idea kay money will just come out. :-)

Isa pud na sa akong motto ang Carpe diem oi! Hehe! Go, carpe diem!
El-ei said…
This comment has been removed by the author.