Perhaps My Last Poetry


Sometimes, a river is not

enough

to water the seed we planted;

Sometimes, the sun is not

enough

to burn the fire we started;

Sometimes, the mountains are not

enough

to add weight to the "thing" we chose to carry,
which oftentimes we call relationship;

Sometimes, poetry is not

enough

to make a good love story;

Sometimes, I can never be

enough

for the one I chose to

love

and always end up

sorry;

But, I want you to know my

love

that you were always

enough

for me to live each day

happy.

Comments

Dana Dampier said…
I came across your blog and I absolutely love your writing. I can feel the emotion in your words.
El-ei said…
Hi Dana, thanks for the compliment. I figured we're similar in our purpose of having this blog---a sort of therapy... I hope for you to discover more about life in writing as I will. Sail on!